My favourite time of the year. All I can see are red roses, wine glasses full of wine, red heart pillows, music which sways you together, flowers, and the man I love. It’s that time of the year when you celebrate love. It’s VALENTINE’S DAY, coming up soon.
He loves me, he loves me not, she loves me, she loves me not, one question everyone must have asked and wondered at some point in his or her life. Some say there’s no love, some like me are die hard romantics who find love in all that they see.
I believe in love at first sight, heartaches, angels who descend on the earth to teach us how to love, fairies, red roses which say it all, going on a date, cheek to cheek dancing on “Red red wine.”
Now the bigger question which hangs over our head like the sword of Damocles is how to celebrate this day and make our partner happy? There are so many expectations which come along with this day and just how many are we able to fulfill!
I have always believed small things and little gestures make all the difference. The only thing which matters is how much time you can devote to each other and how much attention you pay. Once you decide to work on your relationship, things do come back on a track. You can plan how to celebrate your love in so many ways. Step out on a romantic getaway to a quite place in the hill stations of India or Europe, or to a happening place like Goa or Hong Kong where you can go dancing together.
Drive out to an unknown destination with your partner and spend some quality time together. Try some adventure resorts or holidays to add some spice. Or just stay home, be cozy and cook a meal together. Try some new recipes, open some wine, hear some slow romantic numbers and dance.
Here are a few of my favourite Valentine songs which I so love to hear:
- Annie’s song — John Denver;
- You look wonderful tonite — Eric Clapton;
- Everything I do — Byran Adams;
- Right here —- Richard Marx;
- She’s always a woman to me — Billy Joel;
- Red red wine — UB 40;
- Nothing’s gonna change — Glen Mederois;
- Sway — Shall we Dance;
- Lady in red — Chris De Burgh;
- Wild world — Mr. Big;
- Are you lonesome tonite — Elvis Presley;
- Words — Boyzone;
- Ohhh baby I love your ways — Big Mountain;
- Can u feel the love tonight — Lion King;
- Cherish — Madonna;
- Groovy kind of love — Phil Colins;
- Have I told u lately I love u — Rod Stewart;
- Hello — Lionel Richie;
- I can’t help falling in love — Elvis Presley;
- I just called to say I love u — Stevie Wonder;
- I will always love u — Whitney Houston;
- Imagine — John Lenon;
- Lets make a night to remember — Bryan Adams;
- Love is all around me — Wet Wet Wet;
- More than I can say — Bobby Vee;
- No matter what — Boyzone;
- Sha la la la la — Vengaboyz;
- Take my breath away — Topgun;
- Top of the world — Carpenters;
- Truly madly deeply — Savage Garden;
- Unchained melody — Righteous Brothers;
- Waiting for a girl like u — Foreigner;
- When a man loves a woman — Michael Bolton;
- Un-break my heart — Toni Braxton;
- Tonite I celebrate my love for u — Roberta Flack.
And thus music shall unite you all over and over and over again. Fly with the notes. They’ll take you higher and higher and will bring you closer like never before where there’s no distance between you. Hold your hands in hands. Let the feeling drown deep down and you’ll see the wonder called love.
Radiate in the glory of love and spread the radiance around. Let the world shine in your beauty.