Are we neglecting our health? Don’t we know the answer!
Is it for sheer laziness or maybe carelessness too? In the past one year I have seen so many people dying. Would you believe if I say that they all died young and suddenly! No chronic diseases, no ailments as such, just heart failures and some succumbed to sudden bouts of cancer.
One more thing I found common in all these cases — that they were all apparently young, healthy, hale and hearty. Then why did they die? Is it a warning sign for all of us that we should take at least some care of our body and health? Is it not a signal that things may not be right as we tend to ignore them?
Though I am not an authority on medicine but some tips and advice I got from my doctor friends that can be helpful for you.
To begin with:
- Check your nails and lips. They should be pink and not cracking and peeling off.
- The colour of your urine should be light yellow and the frequency normal.
- Water retention in the body should not be for a long period of time.
- Periods (in women) should have a normal flow and should be regular. Do not ignore any irregularity.
- Bags under your eyes and fat deposits are unhealthy signals.
- Low or high blood pressure should be under control. Get it checked.
- Sleep pattern should be regularized and disciplined. Lack of sleep leads to many ailments.
- Get your eyes, ears and teeth checked up on a regular basis.
- Check your burps and farts. Too many or too less are unhealthy.
- Hair fall and hair texture can be taken care off in time.
- The colour and odour of your stool can tell you many a stories. Keep a check on that too.
- Daily intake of multivitamins, calcium and iron is what we miss upon due to ignorance.
- A random check up of your thyroid levels, lipid profile and blood count is a must. By simple means you can make sure your hemoglobin level is in control.
- A simple backache can lead to numbness, strokes and coma. Do not ignore it.
These are just a few things which we can do but we choose to ignore and the reasons are many – lack of finance, lack of time and sheer laziness. Lack of proper health care facilities too? It is truly said a stitch in time saves nine – save yourself and be healthy.
I would not say de-stress yourself, don’t work too hard, limit your work time, spend some time with friends and family, use lesser gadgets as I know these are impossible!
We lead stressful lives and our patience level has become zero but small small things do make a difference. We can at least try, if not for yourselves but for those who love you and who shall grieve you later.
So have an early dinner, a healthy breakfast, a lot of water intake and a good walk. That should be good enough for us to last a little longer and stay healthy.
Also a very important thing – many ailments become big and give us a lot of pain as we ignore them till we drop dead. Don’t let that happen. Meet your doctor before the disease consumes you totally and the doctor is helpless.
Take care of your youth in your youth and build vitality. Stay happy and enjoy small pleasures in life – Who knows which moment may be your last.